If you are a California resident, this Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in Ginsu Brands or Wayne Water Systems doing business as Scott Fetzer Consumer Brands (SFCB) and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California including a business ("consumers" or "you"). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Last Updated: July 1, 2023
Scott Fetzer Consumer Brands and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies Including Wayne Water, Ginsu, Halex, Blue Angel Pumps and American Angler (“Company”) takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, disclose, and retain your personal information. This policy supplements the information contained in the Company’s privacy policies.
Assistance For The Disabled
- What categories of personal information we collect
- The categories of sources from which we collect this personal information
- The purposes for which we use your personal information
- How we may disclose your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- Privacy rights for California residents
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect information from anyone under 13 years of age. The products and/or services we provide, together with our Site, are all directed to individuals who are at least 13 years old. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use our services or the Site.
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household.
Other web sites
The Site may contain links to other web sites not operated or controlled by use (“Third Party Sites”). The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to Third Party Sites. The links from the Site do not imply that we endorse or have reviewed the Third Party Sites. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
- WHAT CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
- Identifiers, for example: real name, alias, telephone number, postal address, e-mail address.
- Commercial Information, for example: records of products or services purchased, [warranty registrations,] and purchasing or consuming histories.
- Professional Information, for example: business contact information and title.
- Financial Information, for example: payment card details, billing address, and shipping address.
- Sensory or Surveillance Data, for example: voicemails and recordings as described below in “User Content”.
- User Content, includes content you submit when you contact customer service or otherwise contact Company. This may include recordings you create, including audio recordings or voicemail you submit in connection with customer service.
- Communications Data, for example: during our communications with you, we collect the content of these communications as well as metadata about the communications, e., date and time of the call or text (SMS or MMS) message and phone numbers.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings. If you turn off your cookies, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
We include small graphic images or other web programming code, called web beacons (also known as "pixel tags", “web bugs” or "clear GIFs"), on the Site. The web beacons are minute graphics with a unique identifier. They are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Rejecting cookies using browser settings may not stop web beacons from tracking you.
Tracking Across Time and Different Sites
The Site does not track your online activities over time and across websites or online services on an individually identifiable basis. [For example, we may serve you advertisements on other websites based on what appeared to interest you on our Site.] We do not allow third parties to use our Site to track your activities over time or across other websites.
Do Not Track Setting
The Site currently responds to web browser “do not track” (DNT) signals or other mechanisms that indicate your preference for having information collected over time and across different web sites following your visit to our Site. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the website you visit, including the Site, know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal identifiable information. You can also visit https://allaboutdnt.com/ to learn more.
- THE CATEGORIES OF SOURCES FROM WHICH WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You, for example, when you register with our Site, subscribe to online services, when you shop with us, or when you otherwise provide information directly to us.
- Acquired entity, if Company acquired another entity, Company might collect personal information from that entity.
- THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Providing Products and Services, including:
- To deliver our products and administer our services.
- To communicate with you.
- To improve our products and services, develop new products and services, and conduct research on further improvements.
- To enhance your experience using our products and services and to personalize your online experience.
Support and Marketing, including:
- For customer support.
- To respond to any requests, queries, suggestions, feedback, or comments you may have.
- Where you have agreed to receive such information, to send you marketing information about our products and services, including notifying you of marketing events, membership and rewards programs, promotions, and sweepstakes.
- To perform operations to maintain the services, including to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Monitoring, Security, and Compliance, including:
- To administer and protect our business and our Site (including troubleshooting, analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data, and preventing fraud and abuse).
- To store, host, or backup (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) our services or any data contained therein.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, you, or others.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates.
- To report suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement and cooperate in investigations.
- To exercise Company’s rights under applicable law and to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before a jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel.
- To ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations.
Incidental Purposes: Any incidental purposes related to, or in connection with, the above.
Anticipated Purposes of Use: Although Company has not used personal information for the following purposes in the past 12 months, it may do so in the future:
- HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company discloses personal information as necessary for the purposes described in Section 3 above to the following categories of external recipients:
Service providers and contractors: Company discloses your personal information to service providers and contractors for the purposes above to assist us in meeting our business needs and contractual and legal obligations.
- Company only discloses your personal information to service providers and contractors subject to written contracts under Company’s direction and instructions as required by applicable law.
- Service providers and contractors include auditors, administrative service providers, law firms, and any other entity providing services to Company
- Affiliated companies: Other companies within the The Scott Fetzer Company family, for example, to provide you with our products and services.
- Government or administrative agencies: For example, Company may report unlawful activity to law enforcement.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to disclose personal information in a court proceeding, in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our users, or others.
Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your personal information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner or co-owner.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, bankruptcy, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
We do not sell your personal information or disclose it to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising. We also do not sell the personal information of children under 16 nor disclose it to third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising.
Aggregated and Deidentified Information
We may aggregate and/or deidentify information, use it internally, and disclose to third parties. Neither Aggregated Information nor Deidentified Information (defined below) is personal information.
- “Aggregated Information” refers to information about a group of individuals from which the individually identifiable information has been removed. An example of Aggregated Information would be the statistic that 20 people used our website’s contact form on a given day.
- “Deidentified Information” means information subjected to reasonable measures to ensure that the deidentified information cannot be associated with the individual. An example of Deidentified Information would be data point that an unidentified visitor first entered the Site through our main web page. We maintain Deidentified Information in a deidentified form and do not attempt to reidentify it, except that we may attempt to reidentify the information just to determine whether our deidentification processes function correctly.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for the duration of the customer relationship, if any. We also retain your personal information for 12 months after our last interaction with you. We will retain personal information longer as necessary to comply with legal, administrative, or procedural requirements, for example, a litigation hold.
- PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- Your California Privacy Rights
Subject to applicable law, California residents have the following rights:
- Right to Know: You have the right to submit a verifiable request for specific pieces of your personal information obtained from you and for information about Company’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. Please note that the CPRA’s right to obtain “specific pieces” does not grant a right to the whole of any document that contains personal information, but only to copies of items of personal information. Moreover, California residents generally just have a right to know categories, for example, categories of third parties to which personal information is disclosed, but not the individual third parties.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to submit a verifiable request for the deletion of personal information that you have provided to Company.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to submit a verifiable request for the correction of inaccurate personal information maintained by Company, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of processing the personal information.
- How to Exercise Your Rights
Company will respond to requests to know, delete, and correct in accordance with applicable law if it can verify the identity of the individual submitting the request. You can exercise these rights in the following ways:
- Call 1-888-811-055
- Email Privacy@scottfetzer.com
- How We Will Verify Your Request
If you submit a request through a password-protected account that you created before the date of your request, we will use the authentication mechanisms in the account to verify your identity. Otherwise, we match personal data that you provide us against personal data we maintain in our files. The more risk entailed by the request (e.g., a request for specific pieces of personal data), the more items of personal data we may request to verify you. If we cannot verify your identity to a sufficient level of certainty to respond to your request, we will let you know promptly and explain why we cannot verify your identity.
- Authorized Agents
If an authorized agent submits a request to know, correct, or delete on your behalf, the authorized agent must submit with the request either (a) a power of attorney that is valid under California law, or (b) document signed by you that authorizes the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf. In addition, we may ask you to follow the applicable process described above for verifying your identity. You can obtain an “Authorized Agent Designation” form by contacting us at [insert email address].
- Company’s Non-Discrimination Policy
Company will not unlawfully discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights under the California Privacy Rights Act.
For More Information
For questions or concerns about Company’s privacy policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.comCCPA DATA REQUEST
If you would like to make a CCPA Data request please e-mail our customer service department by clicking the link below or print out this page and mail it to:
S.F. Consumer Brands - CCPA Department
28800 Clemens Rd
Westlake, OH 44145.
SFCB will reply to your request within seven business days from the day the request is received.
SFCB has 45 days to complete your request but will begin right away.
Today’s Date* _______________________
Select Request Type: (Choose one option per request)*
__ Request to Know __ Request to Delete
Choose your relationship with SFCB (Select All that Apply)*
__ Consumer Customer
__ Consumer – Not a Customer
__ Business Customer
__ No Relationship with UCFS
Are you submitting this request for yourself?*
__Yes __ No (you must include a power of attorney or proof of guardianship
SFCB Consumer Account Number (if Available) ______________________
First Name* ___________________
Middle Initial ______
Last Name* _______________________
Primary Phone Number* _____________________
Date of Birth* _______________________________
Zip Code* ________________